It is very difficult to put into coherent words the excitement and anticipation that I have for this coming TOC Summer Seminar.
Last year’s seminar was arguably the coolest week of my life. And given the schedule for this year, it’s going to be a lot better!
Here are some of the things that I’m particularly excited about:
- David Kelley will be giving a six-session course on philosophical method. This is awesome.
- Diana’s giving a lecture on moral habits which promises to be very cool, especially when you consider that Diana rocks.
- Will Wilkinson is giving two lectures that I plan on going to. One is on tabula rasa and the other is on psychological visibility. Both promise to be enlightening.
- Nathaniel Branden will be dropping some serious science on us, with two lectures over the course of the week, and will be participating in a panel discussion on egoism which promises to rule.
- Carolyn is giving a lecture on “How to Win Arguments”. I anticipate her answer to be something cool like, “by being me, Carolyn Ray, because I’m so cool that I couldn’t possibly lose an argument”.
I’m applying for the Advanced Seminar as well. I am in such a good mood right now, it’s amazing.
I’m actually talking to Bill on ICQ about this right now, and he is also psyched, as he should be. :)